At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge, and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow’s world. The University of Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Institute of Translation Studies is looking for a University Assistant with doctorate (40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of August 2nd 2021)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independent research and scientific collaboration in the research area „Translation, Migration, Minorities“
- Possibility to write a postdoctoral theses (habilitation) within the research area “Translation, Migration, Minorities”
- Assistance in the development of an interdisciplinary research collaboration within the D-A-CH area and with further European networks in the research area „Translation, Migration, Minorities“
- Collaboration in the development of new methods of participatory translation research in migration contexts
- Assistance to the establishment of interconnected interdisciplinary research and teaching
- Assistance in the acquisition of external funding
- Publications in scientific journals and/or other forms of knowledge transfer (dissemination of knowledge, e.g. via activities in society)
- Participation in and co-organisation of workshops, symposia and conferences
- Student support
- Administration related to research and teaching
- Doctorate in translation studies
- Excellent knowledge of the theories and methods of translation studies
- Previous work (e.g. as publications) on concepts and theories in translation studies
- Previous work on theoretical and methodological questions in the areas of pedagogy, politics and/or ethics of translation
- Experience in teaching translation studies courses und interest in the development of innovative teaching methods
- International experience and (preferably international) publications
- Experience in organizing academic events
- Good knowledge of German and English and good knowledge of at least one other language taught at the institute
- Taking pleasure in research, teaching and student support
- Intercultural competence
- Communication, organisational and above all teamwork skills
- Commitment, personal initiative and proactive action
- Reliability, resilience and flexibility
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3945.90 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: June 23rd 2021
Reference Number: MB/117/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents including a concept for a habilitation project with a clear reference to the research focus Translation, Migration and Minorities (2-3 pages), letter of motivation, academic curriculum vitae and copies of your university degree certificates before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to: email@example.com
Further information on the research focus can be found at: https://homepage.uni-graz.at/de/sebnem.bahadir-berzig/ For further questions, please contact Prof. Dr Şebnem Bahadır: firstname.lastname@example.org